Residents of The McAuley can find exciting opportunities and new adventures right outside their apartment doors. From programs and activities that will appeal to your cultural, intellectual, spiritual and recreational interests, to health and wellness and pastoral counseling services, there are always new ways to enjoy and enrich life at The McAuley.
The McAuley’s Activities Department works closely with our residents to plan in-house programs and out-going trips that meet individual interests and needs. Here is a sampling of what we offer:
- Outstanding musical performances from local and regional musicians, including those from the well-known Hartt School of Music, Connecticut Opera and the New World Trio;
- Stimulating academic programs and lecture series sponsored by area colleges, including Trinity College, Saint Joseph College and the University of Hartford;
- Collaborative, interactive trips and programs with The Connecticut Science Center, The Connecticut Historical Society Museum, The Antiquarian and Landmark Society and The Connecticut Audubon Society;
- Dramatic productions from area performers;
- Clothing, jewelry and shoe sales on campus, so residents can shop from home;
- Transportation to many local events at The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts, The University of Hartford, Saint Joseph College’s Carol Autorino Center for the Arts and Humanities, Hartford Stage and more;
- Trips to New Haven, Boston, New York City, Connecticut Shoreline and destinations around New England, including lunch cruises on the Connecticut River;
- Aerobic, yoga and strength training classes designed to meet each resident's needs;
- Theme dinners in the dining room;
- Holiday dances and parties, with outdoor patio parties in good weather;
- A monthly art show of regional artists at the Gallery Café, including artwork presented by talented residents;
- Watercolor or oil painting classes with a local artist.
At The McAuley, you’ll find a host of ways to express yourself, pursue your lifelong passions, develop new ones all while taking excellent care of your health and well being.